Saturday, October 24, 2009

Rallying for a Cause


Last week I attended a rally at the Oregon State Capital to promote the Public Health Care Option. This event was organized by the Salem chapter of Moveon, a political action group. It was a beautiful afternoon; sunny, breezy and full of energetic supporters of the public option. Here are a couple of pictures I took of the surroundings.

I'm still figuring out the formatting thing, this guy was supposed to be at the end...he was there solo, promoting his own cause. Would have loved to talk to him about this sign.

One of the speakers...
Some signage.
This was the chairperson of the committee that put on the rally. She was a very passionate speaker, and it was obvious this is a cause she really believes in.

All in all it was a good lunch time gathering. I would have liked to see a more diverse gathering of people....different ages, economic status, and ethnicities...health care affects us all.

1 comment:

  1. You rebel! Good for you and others who stand up for what they believe. I had considered joining in, but never quite got myself in gear to actually show up. I'm glad others were more motivated than I was!

    ReplyDelete